View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #92
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
Honestly.... I would luv to see GM/Chevy pull a wicked move... Build/sell a Z/28, drop a LS motor in it with around 375hp and about 400lbs less weight over current Camaro... doesn't need every option available, strictly a street driver with the capabilities for very good performance that doesn't cost over $30,000......I guess I'm dreaming....
Problem is, removing content increases cost ... especially when you have to design & validate a new component that does the same thing as the existing one (for example, fixed or manually adjustable seats vs power seats). And unless you're gutting the interior there simply isn't 400 lbs available to pull out while having a car that still has mass market appeal. If there were, GM would have cut it before the car went into production.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote