View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #24
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
That's very odd to hear. I have Hawk HPS pads all around with Slotted rotors on the 4th gen and there's no Squeaking at all when braking as well as on my Eclipse where I have them in the front and same thing no squeaking at all.

I will say that there's a sort of like clunking noise when you let go of the brakes after being stopped, but it's only noticeable if you have your radio completely off. I did bed them in properly though on the 4th gen and the eclipse ehhh kind of.

Have you tried slapping a bunch of anti-squeal compound on there? I got the red stuff in a bottle from Auto Zone and filled in the back of the pads completely (it may look kind of retarded but shoot I have no squeaks and it's a daily driver).

Edit: As for dusting they dust just about the same as any other pads in my opinion but it's a much lighter dusting if that makes sense. Like with my previous pads I'd have to scrub the dust off hard if it had been sitting for a while. With the Hawk HPS pads I can just spray water and wipe away.

It could also be a problem with their version of these pads for the 5th gen (I'm still riding on the stock pads/rotors), although if other owners don't have the same problem you could've messed them up or you could have gotten a bad set

2011 CGM LS- Injen CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Vmax Black Ice O'Lator, Carbon Fiber Bowties, Carbon Fiber Gills, Factory Spoiler, Stock SS Exhaust w/ Magnaflow x-pipe welded in & stock muffler delete, Miro 112 18x8.5 +35
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote