View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #25
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I am confused how balance and tossability are present in the same car? You would think balance is tied to a car that has neutral handling (1LE) and very good limit grip on both axles.

I am not sure what to understand tossability as? Response to inputs? Easier to drift/slide?
A car that responds to directional change instantly and as a whole unit. The big difference IMHO between the Boss and the GT or GT500. The wheels turn on those cars but it feels as if the body and therefore directional change lag a bit behind. I found this to be even worse on the first C5 Camaro I ever drove (sorry, don't remember which trim level), and still a wee bit present in the ZL1, although the way this Monster deals with undulations, rough pavement, and curbs more than makes up for the delay in transient response. As I said, the ZL1 is all kinds of impressive grip with the body managing to keep up with the tires rather than leading them. No criticism, just my own personal experience and perspective. Just test drove a DB9 that while a great car overall, feel even less connected to the road. My benchmark in this category is actually the current Cayman S. Leech like with an unbelievable agility.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote