View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #28
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
My 2007 GT with mods made the 2011 5.0L feel like a pig and it also had more understeer making me believe the 5.0 motor was heavier than the 4.6 3v.
I think the motor was slightly lighter, but the front end definitely picked up weight or the distribution of weight overall. Can't stand understeer, and while oversteer can be fun I absolutely love a neutral car. The Boss was very, very close especially on stock rubber (I screwed that up), but the kings in that category are the Elsie and new Cayman S. I'm sure there are others, I just haven't had the pleasure. All my experience with BMW's is that they always leaned toward manageable oversteer whereas Audis just plow like pigs which is why the R8 was such a brilliant departure for Audi...never considered the brand seriously before that. Mazda has also from time to time, impressed me. Ford and GM, seldom but in recent years they are moving in the right direction. I said this once before here and got shouted down for it, but a lighter Camaro with the benefits of the MR suspension I bet would be a handling dream.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote