View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOULI306 View Post
Because in Europe we must have side turn indicators i am really interested in this mod. But i have a question. Did you make the dual intensity wire yourself and does it simply make the LED's light up brighter??

And last question, If i wanted to use them for turn signal only will this be difficult to do?

Thanks
I bought the dual-intensity circuit from AAC and had to solder them in. AAC now gives everyone the option to have the dual-intensity circuit installed for them for an additional $75. Considering what I did that is worth it IMO.

The standard LED side marker light w/o the dual-intensity circuit is very bright. In the AAC modification the side marker LED is a bit dimmer, but when the turn signal comes on it really is very bright.

To use them as only turn signals you would need to wire them directly to the each turn signal wire and ground, and not go through the side maker circuit. If that is what you want then you would not need the dual-intensity circuit as that is for having a side marker and also a functional turn signal.

Hope that helps.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote