View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #36
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouEnvyMySS View Post
So reading all this, with barely 3000 miles on my 2ss/rs and not into racing at all, what's in all this for me and others like me? Not sure I "get" it...

Disclaimer - have not yet read the reference doc (reading all this on my iPhone!), but trying to understand... My ride seems just fine stock on the 21" optional wheels...

Tks for helping us novices!
The Camaro out of the box is a very good vehicle. For some who see the 5th Gen as a possible super car ther is much more that can be pulled out of a ZETA II chassis. With your optional 21" wheels my first mod would be radius rod bush inserts to reduce the kick back in the steering wheel over sharp bumps. TYou have your choice of two inserts that with minimal effort and funding will make a significant difference.

Next up would be the sub-frame bush inserts to tame the rear end step out experienced under acceleration through turns over bumps. This is caused by movement in the NVH voided OEM sub-frame bushes. A set of EP1200 inserts will make a huge difference.

With just these two foundational bushes installed you will find your Camaro to be far more solid than it already is. It will be more sure footed. you will find yourself more confident behind the wheel everyu time you drive. Be careful with these mods. They are like crack cocaine -- highly addictive. You start out with one small change to a foundational bush and find you have installed a Xa Track eXtreme a few months later.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote