View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #145
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I"m proud to do it

I'll be back state-side in decemberish to start my power modding...
Cool Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Calling my project a "build" is extremely gracious of you; all I'm doing is replacing a few parts with upgraded ones. What you're doing is a genuine build. I'm not even in the same stadium as you, much less the same league. Even if I had the money I wouldn't know how to do half of what you're doing.

Well, I know you see it all the time, but I think the Blue Angel looks awesome.

Sleeper cars can be so much fun. I remember some years ago a guy put a World War II Rolls Royce Merlin V12 engine from a Spitfire in an actual Rolls Royce. From the outside it looked like a dead stock Rolls Royce. He said it was hilarious to pull up behind a Ferrari or Porsche doing 180 on the autobahn and flash his brights for them to move over. I can only imagine what Ferrari drivers must have thought looking in their rear view mirror and seeing that barn door front end of a Rolls flashing its brights at them at that speed LOL. And then blow past them. It could cruise at 200 mph. Of course I think it got something like 6 mpg but he was rich and didn't care.

That would be fun to see on You Tube...lol I am sure he wasn't too worried about his mpg.

Similar to that, but not really a sleeper - Charlie Lillard in California has a 55 Chevy with a 3,000 hp Rolls Royce engine mounted in it he got from an Australian guy. There is a clip of it here:
Another crazy setup.

I can't wait to see what yours can do. I'd love to see it if you'll be showing it anywhere in southern California.
It's just north of LA right now and will be driving around a bit sometime probably in August to road tune it. It'd be fun to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Holy F*CK 1,xxx hp right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bws_82 View Post
Im in awe right now!!
Thanks for stopping in. Will be posting more pics soon.

Last edited by speedster; 06-30-2010 at 08:37 AM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote