View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
Hey guys, looked around a bit but couldnt find anything for sure, wanted to see what the experienced have been. I've been looking to get some black 10 spoke ZL1 wheels for my moms '13 2SS convertible she just picked up and recently came across a great deal, just have a few questions:

1) Is there anything that can go wrong with this setup on the SS? I assume caliper clearance and offset should all be fine?

2) What tires sizes are everyone running on them if you dont wanna run F1's?
I run 274/40/20, 315/35/20 on my jeep and technically it shouldnt work but its less than 1% form factory so no transfer case problems to be seen.

3) Anyone have an pics of ZL1 wheels on their SS?

Also any other comments welcome, dont wanna get myself into trouble without knowing everything, thanks guys!
SS Wheels fit just fine on a ZL1. That's what I put on my ZL1 during the winter months while I put the ZL1 Wheels/tires indoors, so the ZL1 wheels should work fine on the SS.

The bad news is that if you're trying to find a set of the black ZL1 wheels, good luck. They are extremely hard to find. They just can't make them fast enough.

Even ZL1 owners that damage one of their black wheels have to jump through all kinds of hoops before GM will replace them.

And oh by the way, Welcome to the Detroit5thGen club!
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote