View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #422
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Well I think you should tell this girl that she has fans on here which have been hating the 14s since day 1. Her opinion sounds exactly like the opinions of the haters on here and based on your assessment of your friend she isn't a car enthusiast ... I've been calling the haters pansies myself.
I decided to get an opinion from someone that hasn't stared at the camaro for 4 years as a more neutral perspective so they can't be called a hater.

However, she doesn't hate the 14s. It's a good looking car still. She said she probably wouldn't have noticed too much if I didn't show her the two cars side by side. She does prefer the 10-13 design though.

I don't think this will hurt sales of the camaro. Hopefully it draws in a new market into the lineup.

Quote:
I keep looking at the different shots of the 2014, hoping I will see what the design engineers see that made them choose to make these changes, but it is just not happening. There were four good years (2010-2013) for the fifth gen, so 4 out of five is not bad. Regardless of all the commentary & opinions, the only thing that is going to matter is sales. If Camaro sales go up in 2014 those that don't like the changes are going to be eating our words.
I doubt people will be eating their words. I don't think the changes are drastic enough for someone to not buy a camaro. I also hope that the changes start to appeal to new buyers.

I think when it comes to the front of the SS the design team did right by making the fog lights squared off. The 10-13 was essentially a block/square design and then you had these round fog lights up front that looked out of place.

I slightly dislike the squished grill over the 10-13, but overall I think the front end is well done. I just prefer the 10-13.

The v6 front end on the other hand I do not like at all because it retains the round fog lights that now look even worse than the 10-13 and has the squished grill.

The back end and taillights is something I am not a fan. It took unique design styling and just made it plain.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote