View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Right? And there is a reason you don't use a dipstick to read gas, you need to know how much you have while you are driving. It is no secret our engines burn oil, I mean GM even had to issue a reprogramming for the OIL meter!

The same reason you need to know how much gas you have on the fly, is the same reason it would help to know the oil level on our engines. Especially considering they burn oil...

I personally check once every 1 to 1.5 weeks. It always varies on how much oil I need to add, if any. I'm human and I can't reasonably expect to always get an accurate measure. Especially on a car that is tricky to check. I also have to play a guessing game on how much I need to add.

Imagine you just check the dic and it gives you a number x.x/6.0 quarts?

Do you think you could make a video on that because none of us know how to check using the dipstick. And the highlighted part shows that you basically admitted checking oil on this car is easy to mess up. Sorry bud but I see no good argument against getting an oil gauge in the car and you basically are providing more reason to have one.

And out of curiosity, could you list some of these gauges on the car that people don't trust? All of mine seem to work 100% and even the TPMS are never more than 1-2 PSI off.
Lol right. I was just saying you HAVE to be sure you checked it correctly. It goes for any car. Not just the Camaro. If it shows low you always check it a second time making sure you get a correct reading that should be common sense.

About not trusting gauges, I've seen threads on here about people not trusting some of them... I never said they didn't work just some people don't trust them, oil pressure, temperature and the TPMS.
About the TPMS, in the owners manual it states "Please note that the TPMS
is not a substitute for proper tire maintenance, and it is the driver’s responsibility to maintain correct tire pressure, even if under-inflation
has not reached the level to trigger illumination of the TPMS low tire pressure telltale."
the same would go for any oil level sensor...

But whatever, whine all you want about an oil level gauge, like it or not, you don't have one so you better be checking your oil the old fashioned way....end of story.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-21-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote