View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #36
incon3037r
GMHIC

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1/2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmg69 View Post
I stumbled on this thread and couldn't help but keep reading, as I have the internal A1000 as well. In fact, I'm on my 3rd one.

1st pump: siphon tube failure (same as shown in pics posted here)

2nd pump: failed to pump consistantly in hot weather. Apparently the return fuel was vapor locking (getting HOT!)

3rd pump: So far so good. Now I have a FPCM hooked up to reduce pump noise and prolong the life.

My 2 cents on these: The A1000 pump is a powerhouse unit that will support the 1000hp motor no problem. BUT... you have to have it plumbed and wired perfectly for it to not cause issues. With my dilemmas on these pumps, Jared at Aeromotive has very supportive in trying to make things right and get me going on the reliabililty track. He also recommends an inline fuel cooler on the RETURN SIDE. I haven't done that yet. If I can't get the reliability from this 3rd pump and controller...I'm moving on to other options.

Time will tell.
I've had all of these problems as well. Aeromotive directions to wire the FPCM were wrong and when my mechanic contacted them to find the correct way, it took several days and being told several different wrong ways to wire it before the correct information was given. Then we were given the run around on which MSD tach adapter that was needed to find a signal for the FPCM. MSD would say to contact Aeromotive and vice versa.

Currently everything is working fine with the addition of the FPCM and MSD tach box. I was not advised on installing a cooler on the returne side but will do so. The fuel pump appears to be nicely made, but the trouble and all of the additional parts needed to install makes it a head ache. If this new unit doesn't hold up, I'll move onto the Squash setup.

It also sucks when you have to pay labor to remove and install a new pump because it was damaged from the manufacturer.
Pontiac G8 GT- ProCharger F-1D, Treadstone TR1235 FMIC, Kooks 1 7/8" LTH,Corsa catback, New Era (228/240) cam, Yella Terra 1.7 Rockers, GMPP LS3 CNC heads, Aeromotive A1000, FAST fuel rails, FIC 1000cc injectors - 762 RWHP/646 LBFT tuned @ 11psi on E85 using HP Tuners
Camaro ZL1- Stainless Works 2" LTH, Corsa catback, RSC PDx cam, ID 1050x injectors, DSX fuel kit, New Era 4.5" intake, BTR springs/pushrods, AFCO heat exchanger, New Era expansion tank, Innovators West balancer, Metco 9.55" lower - 609 RWHP/591 LBFT tuned @ 8psi on 91 octane using HP Tuners
incon3037r is offline   Reply With Quote