View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #32
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
I can see a SS beating a Z on some tracks, but no way is the SS going to feel as good going around a track. I simply do not believe it. The 370z is lighter and easier to see out of. Steering feel in the camaro is terrible also. or maybe i have gotten to use to European cars now. either way i hate it.

another thing the Z and SS are not made for the track, they are made for the road. You really don't think there is a SS out there that had a part fail on a track ? each car has there faults.

Again the SS might be faster, but i would bet the Z is going to be more enjoyable. after owning a SS and driving a 370z.
I'm not talking about "feel", I'm talking about performance. An FRS/BRZ "feels" better than most cars above it's price range, but it doesn't beat them in performance. A stock FE4 SS, and I would say even an FE3 SS, would beat the 370z. For the price of a 370Z with a sport package you can get a 1LE, and that is not even a contest. Not bad for a car with 4 seats, that weights 500lbs more, performs better, and gets better gas mileage. I like the 370Z, but it's not in the same class as new GTs and SSs. Hell, the 2010 GT with the track pack was faster then the 370Z, and the 2010 track pack suspension is the base suspension for 2011 and newer GTs.