View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
steverino56

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesBarkley View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I heard a weird chirping noise that seemed to be coming from under the passenger side dash. I was driving and trying to figure out where the noise was coming from b/c it was about to drive me . I finally figured out that the chirping was coming from the heat/AC fan while it was on lower speed settings (i.e., 1, 2, 3). When I cranked the fan up to higher speed settings, the noise went away. A couple of days later, I took my car to the dealership & explained what I was hearing. The problem turned out to be trash in the heat/AC fan motor. My service advisor decided to replace the entire heat/AC motor b/c he said the chirping would probably come back due to the likelihood of more trash being in the fan motor. They replaced it last Friday... So far, so good!
Yeah last January I got my AC fan motor replaced but that didn't work. My noise still occurs if the AC/heat is off. My noise seems to be triggered by temperature. During the day there's not a lot of noise. That's around 60-70 degrees farenheit. At night it gets to around 50 and that's when the noise comes to life. It occurs while the car is in motion and get louder when I go over bumps or rocky roads. I'm thinking it has to be underneath the car or somewhere in the engine.

The worst part is that I opened a case with GM and I was supposed to get a call from my nearest service manager but haven't gotten a call. Do any of you think this applies to the lemon law? I was given a faulty vehicle and so far the dealer not the manufacturer has given me answers. So frustrating.
steverino56 is offline   Reply With Quote