View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
mstanford.us
Mark Stanford

Drives: Black 2010 SS LS3
Best 20" tires for autocross?

I've got the knock off 20" American Racing (mad in China) torque thrust weels. Fronts are 9" wide, back are 10" wide. This year I'm running Mickey Thompson ET Street II in P305 width on the back. What I'm looking for is front tires for autocross. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup looks good, though 245 width is a little narrow for 9" wide wheels.

Anyone have any other suggestions that Pilot Sport Cups for the front?

(Stock 245 Pzeros on front are pretty worn, and weren't that great for autocross last year.) The cheapest I can find these pilot sport cups is $477 per tire.

Anyone try autocrossing with Nitto or MT drag radials in the back?

Full BMR suspension poly bushings and roll bars will go on the car very soon. Hopefully a Janetty Racing 3.91 LPE gear pumpkin with BMR diff bushings as well.

My best 1/4 mile last season was 12.5@116mph. (60' times in the 2.1 to 2.0 range :-(

Yes, I want to autocross and drag race the same car, and not have to change wheels every weekend.
CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" 3", LG G6X3, Remote tune by Ted Jannetty JRE God of Tuning, ID 8500 injectors, ZL1 Fuel system, BMR, Yellaterra, Lunati Valve train, Street Slayer Carbon Twin. Numbers pending Dyno test.
mstanford.us is offline   Reply With Quote