View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #21
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
500 reads and 42 votes.

I think the reason for the hesitation on voting is:
  • What does Mike say about this? Yes, I know... you want to have plenty of people in favour of this so he can't say no (), but still... has he even been asked about this? Positive peer pressure is one thing, but common courtesy would dictate that he be consulted before a "community vote". Is he only doing lithos for 2010 Camaros... or is he doing them for every year the Gen5 Camaro is made? Is this a special request? If so, it would be great to include that in the promo.
  • What does the staff of Camaro5.com think about this? Do you want them to handle this at the next C5 Fest, next year? If so, how are they going to handle this?
  • Who is going to handle the money? Cost? What procedures are in place to make sure the money is handled ethically? Who's accountable to make sure this is handled legally?
  • Which charity is going to benefit from this? Does the auction comply with their fundraising policies? More than one charity has had to turn away "good intention" donations due to lack of compliance to their fundraising bylaws. For instance, the Canadian Make-A-Wish Foundation won't accept online donations from anyone under 18 years of age.
Soooo, awesome idea. However, some questions need to be answered before continuing:
1) Check with Mike
2) Check with C5 staff
3) then... given the go-ahead... approach the C5 community.

If you've got #1 and #2, I have no doubt you'll have hundreds of positive votes. Until then this is all pure speculation, and will remain so until #1 and #2 are looked after.

And no, this isn't meant as a downer... it's a reality check. You've got a great idea, but haven't provided any assurances of how it's going to be carried out. Yes, you want feedback on if it's a good idea. Cool. Yes, everyone agrees raising money for charity is a great idea... now make it happen by assuring that it will happen.

Best of luck!