View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
A. i have the old car in my driveway and i can tell the difference. the new one has an updated front end and LED lights.
B. the cayman won because it handles better (mid engine)
C. i have faith that the FE3 suspension will put the camaro in the 100k league since the FE2 puts the 6 cylinder in the G37 range
A. I dont believe you. The differences are subtle to the point that you could mistake them, and it doesnt make sense for them to use 3 brand new cars and 1 old one.

B. Funny. Did the Cayman beat the 911 because it handles better?

No. Ive got the 911 in My driveway and ive driven many Cayman's. The cayman is watered down compared to the 911. The Reason the Cayman won is because it had such a large lead, thanks to the Honda/BMW holding back the 911/370z, allowing the Cayman to surge ahead past the group.

once the Z/911 got out from behind the two captain-slow's, they caught up to the cayman. Something that WOULDNT have happened had the cayman been a more capable car. By the end of the race the Z and 911 were fighting with each other to pass up the Cayman... Given more time the outcome would have been different.

C. The problems that the Camaro will have are weight and body roll. Some serious sway bars and suspension work should do the trick but it will never be as track capable as these cars after similar work.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote