View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #51
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Trust me I would LOVE to see the Z28 come out but I think it is a little ridiculous to think that the head of GM is going to listen to you guys and go hey "they want a Z28 that will basically be a little higher performance than an SS yet cost less than the ZL1... so lets build it." It wont happen... and to sit her eand speculate that it will seems silly to me. Maybe if they got rid of the SS then yes I can see it. But like I posted earleir these cars are built on a robotic assembly line at the same plant. Do you expect them to build another line for a car that really wont be much different than the SS? maybe I am missing something here but I just dont see the logic in it. A Z28 should be their flagship Camaro... as it has... not a mid model car.

And by your justification (in the Z28/Viper) example, someone should get two V6 Camaros instead of a ZL1. A Viper is a track ready HAND BUILT street legal car that has set just about every track record out there. A ZL1 didnt fair so well at the Ring (in comparison) and is built by robots on an assembly line.
That's why it cost about half the $
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote