View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #69
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Again, could care less. I stated earlier that I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE THE Z28. Sounds pretty clear to me. I just see the Z28 as being a "flagship" Camaro... which is where I believe our opinions differ. TO ME it doesnt make sense to develop another Camaro that wont at least match the performance of the ZL-1... would be a pretty big let down in the automotive world when everyone is trying to "one up" the competition. I guess I could see it as a "Boss" equivalant (a better performance Mustang than the GT but not the GT500) but I still beleive the Z28 should be the King of the Camaros.

I also didnt start the comparison between the Viper and Camaro... I just made a point that you cant call a Viper a rustbucket while using Ring times as a standard. What would that make the Camaro??? Yes its not a fair comparion of the two cars but neither is talking it down when you have never sat in one much less owned one. I woned an 2004 Viper and it was one of the most inspiring cars I have ever driven... and hada much better build quality than the Camaro... but I would still never call either one of them garbage... or worn out.

Oh and on a side note to Lowdown, you might want to see what Fiat has done with Chrysler. I rode in a new SRT-8 Jeep the other day and the build quality was phenominal. The interior was better than what I have seen in the BMW X5 and the power was impressive. Sure I am not happy that Fiat owns and American automanufacturer but our government didnt give Chrysler much choice. Andseeing how Chrysler sales were up 26% last year compared to GMs 13 % I guess they have figured something out. Hopefully GM and Ford will follow because I think overall American cars are lacking a little in quality.
Again, you obviously have not read all the threads in the Z/28 forum or all the posts in this thread, if you had you would understand where we are coming from and what performance levels we are looking for. The government didn't give Chryler a chance......last time I checked it was Daimler Benz that owned them and wanted to sell them and they ended up being bought by Fiat. You have to forgive us "fanboys" over here in the Z/28 thread, we don't know nuthin bout nuthin and have absolutely no idea of the difference between fantasy and reality, that's just the way we are!!

Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 01-05-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: text correction
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote