Thread: OrangeVert!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #48
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Miles 220 to 220: Oshawa, Ontario (rented a Nissan Versa for the trip).

Had a great time at the Camaro homecoming! The factory tour was INCREDIBLE!! I got to meet some of the people who actually built OrangeVert! And GM Oshawa let us TAKE PICTURES!! OMG OMG OMG!! The next day (Sat) we went to Martinrea chassis assembly, and again - amazing! What good people & what serious work!

Three weeks later I still ask myself if it was a dream. It was better than being Charlie in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! Spent all day there, the second time the Oshawa folks let me take my engine cover in and I had it signed by many of the workers - what GREAT people!!

People lining up for the tour:

Name:  Smaller_Oshawa.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  186.9 KB

A really nice worker took my picture near the end of the line:

Name:  Line_Smaller.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  184.4 KB

The banquet was awesome! I got lost on my way over and arrived late but Linda & Gilles, Hylton, Dave, Scott, and Theresa let me sit at their table. And the next day I got to meet many of the GM reps from the US and Canada.

What a weekend, like I died and went to heaven - but better 'cause I'm still here!

Already looking forward to next year’s homecoming. I’ll probably stay at the host hotel, as driving 110 km to stay in Belleville was too far. Need to find out the dates ASAP so I can put in for vacation from work. Also hope to bring my wife Geri if she can get time away from school!