View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
edneyens

Drives: 1SS/RS/M6-White/Beige
D@#n you Pedders - why?

OK so I know you guys make good products, you know a lot about the suspension of the Camaro and that you share your knowledge helping us improve our cars. I have gained a lot from the information you provided to us all and I am thankful for that.

However I am upset with you, you have a solution to my problems and I had no idea that you do based on the typical description you provide on your coilover products.

You see I have been working on my car to improve the looks and handling. I desired larger wheels/tires and I also wanted to use the same wheel/tire combination on front and back.

I did some research and a lot of calculations, figured I could lower my car an inch and get by using 20x10 wheels with +40mm offset and maybe the 305 size tire similar to what you guys did.

I soon discovered I could not get the size tire I wanted on the front and I also found that I could not set the camber on the front to an optimum setting for aggressive driving.

I had to settle for 275 tires front side and limit camber to -.5 degrees so that the tire doesn't rub (provides ~ 1/4 inch margin). I have found a product by Pfadt - their camber kit which is an adjustable plate which allows the top of the shock to move inward up to an inch - this has helped getting me another degree (seems you now have something like this too).

What I did not know is that your coilover products provide an extra 10mm clearance over the stock struts - Pete let this slip out in a posting --> " Pedders Xa and Supercar coilovers have an extra 10mm built into the clevis ."

Why don't you make this "feature" more well known? If I knew of this from the start I would have bought you coilover product and not gone through all of this trouble. In fact when I need to replace my tires I plan to upgrade to your coilovers and expect to be able to increase my tire size to at least 295 and still be able to get the performance camber setting.

Please change your product description to make it obvious that your coilover products provide more wheel/tire clearance than the stock struts, that potentially would be valuable information for many when modifying their cars...