Thread: pre amp output
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernik View Post
Well I ripped the trunk apart.
On the left side is what appears to be an amplifier.
On the right side is a small fuse panel.

There may be a switched power in that panel, I forgot to look, I was busy looking for some kind of harness to plug into but found nothing.

I talked to a service tech at my dealership this morning and he said they have really no info on the addon sub/amp package or even a service manual on the Camaro yet.

So for now it looks like the only way to do it is a Hi-Low converter off the rear speakers.
MAN! If I had a car I'd have to play around with it, but I think I could figure it out with a multimeter...

I bet you can wire your amp up off that fuse panel, as long as it has an always hot and switched hot leads. Then you can tap right off the signals going to the amp for preamps, no need to tap in at the speakers. Hell, that being said, there should be a switched 12v lead on the factory amp as well. Once the service manual comes out for the Camaro, hopefully we can get a pinout for the connector and maybe have a pass through style connector made so you can hook your amp right up using the factory connector and not even have to alter the factory wire harness. This might be how the dealerships will install the accessory subs.

This sounds very promising. If the components in the trunk are indeed the factory amplifier and a fuse box, then we're good to go. Definitely not "plug and play", but much better than most car manufacturers have done in the past.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote