View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #461
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
[QUOTE=LS3 SS;7210786]Gotcha. Well welcome to the LS3/L99 world!! 500 rwhp isn't elusive, it's just a bit tricky and requires a bit more coin to achieve. But one thing, don't get tied up in a number, the real performance will be at the track. I just ran a 12.4 at the track today, spinning through first and second, because I can't hook with 498rwhp.

You have a few options as far as heads go :

1. buy a spare set of LS3 heads and send them off to WCCH, or AI to get ported

2. have your own heads ported while they are off the car (requires more down time though)

3. Buy some Trick Flow Gen X 255 heads (you can mill them aggressively which will raise your compression and give you more power)

4. Buy some PRC heads and do the same thing.

Once again, it all depends on how much you want to spend, and how far down the rabbit hole you want to travel, lol.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the tips, yea I know the dyno numbers are not that important and it's just a tool to measure hp on a given day. It's the track. I will have to see . But you have given me new stuff to consider so I guess I will wait it out until tax season because either way it big bucks . Thanks again