View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
I'm in a similar boat, my RX8 purchased in December 2004 as a 2005 wont be paid off till early 2010 and I wanted to save up for a year and then trade my lovely RX8 for the Camaro. If I can put down 2g's and my RX8 (which is retaining it's value very nicely (only rotary in a car being sold today helps) it should keep me at a nice 300's type of payment. Personally, I don't think at my salary bracket I'd pay anything more than $350 a month for a car so while I'd like to dream of a SS, I too just want the Z28 which I could also SC or do some engine work to get more HP (IF, I wanted more).

My wife is giving me a hard time because I wanted the RX8 so much, but Mazda is ignoring it and frankly it makes alot less HP than the GM V8's while wasting more gas while it's a great all around sports car and in a dream world I'd like to keep it.

How do I convince the wife, I tell her that this is at least a 10 year car (the Camaro) since I know for a family it's best not to continue to pay for a car payment when you could rest for 4-5 years.

The good thing, my RX8 has only like 15K miles so it should retain alot of value.