View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice View Post
So how is everyone's diff doing now?
Does the valvoline fluid work fine over the lung run wihout needing to use the LS additive?
The original poster added some extra addative to the valvoline oil eventually.

here is my .02 on this topic take it for what it is worth. buy some good fluid. IE the gm fluid, good aftermaket synthetic. Now if the fluid has addative don't run any extra up front. If you buy fluid without the additive use the recomnended GM addtive right out the gate.

after you fill the diff do some figure eight driving in a parking lot to cycle the diff clutches. I think the GM TSB specifies how many to do

Now if you still get some chatter go get more of the GM addative that is recomended at add say 2 ounces at a time then go repeat the figure 8's until the chatter is elimitnated.

the friction modifer material is not a more is better type thing you need the right amount.

my fresh gm fluid will be here this week I will do the change and if I get a bit of chatter I will do just what I posted. I am positive it will work because it worked on my Z06.

my chatter is very minimal on my car right now and only when cold but I want it 100% gone. sometimes I think with these tires having such piss poor grip in the cold it magnifies the issue.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote