View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #24
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
Camaro Dude - your noise is the faint low RPM growl/backlash that gets drowned out by an open window or at 3000 RPM?

Just trying to make sure we're talking about the same thing. Seems this tranny has lots of noise issues, and other threads may or may not be on point. Seems like the Corvette guys have threads more on point than I've seen here ...
You are correct that my rattle post above did not address your opener, we are indeed talking about to different types of scenarios here, but trust me that they are completely intertwined. The sound you speak of does indeed get drowned out with open window, and does seem to vanish as rpm's go up, and this is when it's most audible, when rolling slowly and rpms are low. It's hard to describe it, as you slowly roll away from a dead stop, at slow speed and low rpm's especially. I can understand your sense of how dynomat right under the tunnel would help. It's a hard sound to describe, almost sounds like the cars driveline is a huge chain, with noisy sprockets, instead of a smooth rubber belt design.

If this is what you speak of, it's normal .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote