View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #63
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Serisously, wrestling and jiu-jitsu 101 by professor GSP!!! I don't know what the heck my boy Mir (yes, he's still my boy!!!) was thinking! I know he just discovered his punching potential, but when you look at a guy who has won his previous fights by KO or TKO, you should get to the ground quick-like!

Indeed, Lesnar is going to have to take the fight to the ground like he did with Couture and Mir, although Carwin is a much bigger fighter than both of them. He's really going to have to maintain control over him. Carwin is going to have to avoid any takedowns and just throw bombs. If I remember correctly, Lesnar took a hit from Couture and it made Lesnar step back a bit.

I still think Lesnar has a lot of potential, fight-wise and personality-wise. I guess he really wants people to watch his fights and who wouldn't? It's building up to be a very promising fight in July...

well it was no secret that i was routing for carwin. but i was real suprized that mir did not even really try to take him to the ground. when carwin got him up agaist the fence i think mir knew at that time he needed to take it to the ground and leval out the playing field. im sure that mir studied carwin and knew that cawins short punches were hard. carwin knocked out gaberiel gonzaga with a short punch. the talks is now that mir will go back into the depresion mode and give up. i dont think that will happen. maybe cain will get a shot at mir next. who thinks that will happen.