View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
bpa88

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
2010 V6 auto trans question/problem?

Hey everyone,
So i have a question, was wondering if anyone else experienced this as i dont see much talk about transmission problems. Its been a hot day today and I have been driving my car for about 6-8hrs today with a few breaks in between. I was in the walmart parking lot when i put it in reverse, and backed out. Immediately after putting the car in drive i started to give it gas as usual, but the car began hesitating a bit(2-3 seconds) almost like it was misfiring and then it was fine. I thought it was slightly odd, so i tried to duplicate the problem. I put the car into park, shifted immediately to drive and gave it gas..and it did the same thing again, a delay with sputtering for 2-3 seconds and then normal operation. The RPMS never changed during the hesitation/sputtering, they were a consistent 1500-2000rpm. I shrugged it off and proceeded home back to my apartment. Once home I again tried to duplicate the problem, I put it in park, shifted to drive and this time there was a slight delay as if the transmission wasnt fully engaged in D yet, and then it started to move. No sputtering or hesitation..I did this 3 more times and each time there is a 1-3 second delay when shifting from Park to Drive before the car will move or have any power to go. Is this normal or should i take it into the dealership to get looked at? I have never noticed it before thoguht maybe the tranny could be hot because of the 85+ degree weather and the constant driving today? or is it a bigger problem?