View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
bpa88

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Update for everyone..Im definitely going to be taking it to the dealer..
The past few days when driving it, something just didn't feel right..It was as if the parking brake was engaged while i was driving..For instance if i was cruising on the interstate and the transmission was in 6th gear, Before if i let off the gas the car would continue to coast doing 70-80 mph for quite a distance before the MPH would start to drop..The past few days though as soon as i let off the accelerator, even when going down hill the MPH would start to rapidly fall 75, 70, 68, 66, 65..almost immediately as well as the exhaust note of the car decelerating almost as if it was shifted down to like 4th gear i had to give it constant gas just to keep it at a steady speed..but it was still in 6th...To top it off today I was going to pick up a friend, on the way back home I was going up a hill and as i was accelerating, I literally thought the transmission dropped out of the car..I heard a big thud and the whole car shook, the check engine light came on for about 2 seconds then went out, and the car starting limping forward for about 10 seconds. I immediately pulled over and put it in park..the check engine light went out..I put it in drive and the car seemed to be shifting fine but still has the Drag feeling to it, also the sputtering going from Park to drive is now back..Needless to say Im not a happy camper right now..the car is drive-able and hasn't acted up since i pulled over but we will see what the dealership says. Hopefully they can diagnose the problem without the CEL since it went off on its own, there is something definitely wrong with my transmission.

-Edit..I forgot to mention..when the big thud and car shake happened the transmission for some reason shifted into neutral by itself. Also noticed now when accelerating, there is a whistle sound up until the car shifts from 1st to 2nd.