View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
bubbagumper6

Drives: 2010 LT RS
2010 V6 Coolant Leak

Just noticed that my Camaro has started leaking (what I believe to be) coolant under the passenger side of the engine. There was a fairly large wet spot in the garage yesterday and when I looked under the vehicle a large section of the frame was wet.

The fluid appears to have a red/orange color to it but when I touched it with a tissue it appeared clear. I put it up on the ramps and crawled underneath to try and find the source but it seems to dissappear somewhere between the block and the alternator. I took a picture of the underside to try and show the area it's leaking from. Hesitant to take it to the dealership as I don't think I'm covered under any warranty. (56k miles and was purchased secondhand although it was from a dealership and was chevy certified preowned)

I checked the coolant level in the overflow reservoir and it seemed low but was still one notch above the minimum line. Is there a place to check the coolant level for the main system? (i.e. not just the overflow reservoir?)

Any advice/tips are appreciated as I'm stumped.

The red circle is the highest wet point on the block I can see. Can't really see any wetness from above.

bubbagumper6 is offline   Reply With Quote