View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #35
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonfield View Post
I ordered a RRM fully loaded 1LE just waiting for Jeff at Capitol Chev (Salem, OR) to pull the trigger. He's telling me that there is a supply issue with the 1LE wheels so SS-1le, ZL1, and Z28's are going through slowly, They are the biggest sellers of Camaro's in the state.
Just as a reminder though if you don't want hole's in your front bumper, make sure you let your dealer know that you do not want the front plate put on.
Three things here: First, the 1LE and ZL1 haven't been in production for like two months now, so there shouldn't be (and I haven't heard reported) of any wheel shortages. Second, as they aren't currently being produced, they aren't being produced slowly. And third, the Z28 and 1LE/ZL1 use different wheels (and the Zl1 has two wheel options).

Regardless of items on constraint, the orders will be accepted. They just won't progress through the system until parts are available.

So it sounds like you misunderstood, or more likely, he's blowing smoke for some reason. In any case, I'd be suspicious and get clarification, or take your business elsewhere.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote