View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #300
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Nathan, any clearcoat on that alternator bracket when you finished it? Also did the pulley have to be removed or not to get the bolts out?
Paul, I didn't need to pull the pulley to remove the bracket. I did get the tool to remove it but that will be to detail the actual pump. I'm painting the reservoir tank in a satin black and the pump perhaps in a textured black to give it some contras. I'm not sure if I'll leave the bracket in a natural finish or anodize it black or gray. It will depend after I do the water pump and alternator and alternator bracket and what color I powder coat the intake. Still deciding on colors. I got the intake clam shell yesterday from the powder coater. We were using it as a test panel. The finish was texture black and I'm glad we did the test because I didn't like it. I'm leaning towards a “Jet Anthracite” for the intake. It's a little falter than "Gun Metal" l think it would complement the high tech - mechanical look I'm shooting for. Will see....... will be doing another test panel.

Here's a pic. Please, any thoughts or input are definitely welcome.

Last edited by Moreno1; 02-09-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote