View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #12
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshylife View Post
so when you sprayed it on the "camaro" lettering it just peeled off the body and stayed on the letters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAPD77 View Post
^^^^^^***what he said? I wanna do this too but not sure how its done without removing letters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WongBob View Post
I plastidipped the tail light bezels on mine. I would do the camaro emblems but I dont want to deal with removing and reinstalling them. You doing it with the letters on the car makes my brain melt. HOW!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
How did you do the fender letters?
This is the amazing part. You just tape off a block around the letters and spray 3 or 4 coats and let dry. The outside excess peels off because the letters form a break in the Plasti Dip. You lightly dig out the inside of the closed letters with a wooden toothpick.

The letters and taillight bezels are dead easy. The bow ties are a bit harder because of the chrome edge looks messy on the inside ridge of the chrome. The back one turned out pretty good, but I had to repair the front. I might redo that one. The drip rails are a mess. I will redo those after more PD practice. It is an art form with do overs.

My wife was horrified when she came home from furniture shopping with my oldest daughter and saw all the masking on the car. But my daughter caught on right away. I think we might Plasti Dip her entire 1998 Honda rust bucket.