View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Steve1968LS2

Drives: 1968 LS2 powered - Bad Penny
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSTER View Post
I was pretty surprised that replacement performance struts aren't available as well. Speaking to Sam Strano, he brought up a good point that no one complains about how heavy the BMW's are but they don't feel like they are. Alot has to do with the valving of the Sachs dampeners on them.

A set of Koni replacements and his springs made my 3rd Gen Camaro handle way better than I expected. Well under a price of coil overs for that car and I just didn't see the need for coilovers for a car that used as a daily driver.

Definitely good to see a player like Penske coming out with dampeners for the Camaros though. Any estimate on what these coilovers will run for?
I will ask them on Monday.. I imagine they will be in line with other manufactures. Also, there will be a price for single and double adjustables.

I will also ask about the mounts to use stock style springs, although that wouldn't save you very much cash.

I do like how these use the stock upper mounts and how the fronts adjust by the body and not the spring perch.

1968 Camaro - 461 RHS LS 700hp, various stuff, called Bad Penny
1968 Camaro - In progress, called Track Rat
2010 Camaro - DSE Suspension, Baer 6S Brakes, Boze Wheels, Nitto NT05 Tires, JBA Exhaust and long tubes, Magnacharger TVS, 660rwhp Forged Eagle 416 LS3 short block, ADM fuel system, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, G-Force axles, Anvil and Seibon CF parts, Centerforce Dual-Disc Clutch

www.fquick.com/steve1968ls2
Steve1968LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote