View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #226
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Sick Camaro View Post
Hey just got my spoiler in today. How was the install and did you just use the tape for the side pieces? Am wondering if it was easy as I thought.
Hey Chris,
Congrats...on the spoiler! On the install you do need to be careful aligning everything up. Make sure the center piece is on the deck lid evenly and far enough to the rear of the deck lid. You will probably have to elongate some holes on your deck lid to match the spoiler bolt holes. No biggie tho.
And yes ...I just used the tape for the side pieces. Just clean the paint with alcohol or wax remover for auto paint first, then mock the side pieces up to match the center piece. Be careful of the gap so when you open the truck to center and side pieces don't hit. Then take blue "painters tape" and outline the positioned side piece. THEN use the 3M adhesion promoter they send with the spoiler and apply where the tape will be from the side piece. Then start appling the side piece install from the trunk lid side first and press on towards the outside. BE CAREFUL to do this right as once it is on...it is on!
It is a fairly easy install ....just "take your time"! Go slowly!

I hope this helps and post pics when you are done.

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote