View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #26
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Everyone seems to look at the price alone as the GT-R's disadvantage. You need to look at what Nissan has done to create Godzilla. The Camaro is a 6.2L Supercharged V8....versus a 3.8L V6 Twin Turbo. Comparing hp out of engine displacement....530hp (2011 GT-R) vs 580hp...I vote is a major victory for the GT-R.

Comparing these cars though is an Apples and Oranges situation. The GT-R is a "possible" everyday street car (I would know, a buddy of mine drives his each and every day, sun/rain/snow), AWD, and simply put, a driving computer. The GT-R is very dependent upon boost and the use of the twin turbos. The GT-R only comes as an automatic, its transmission technology is leagues above the Camaro. 2.77 seconds 0-60 for the 2013 model as the ZL-1 is 3.9 seconds. The Camaro is a "possible" street car, RWD, doesn't depend nearly as much on computers. The Camaro uses its large displacement with a supercharger. The Camaro is more of the "drivers car" in which you can still get the manual, and not NEAR as much computer control.

What I don't think is fair, is that they didn't use the 2013 Nissan GT-R. If they want to compare cars, use the 580hp GT-R against the 580hp Camaro. See how they do as that eliminates the hp battle. That would make it so that the track and driver would be the only difference.

But at the end of the day...its what you like best. Comparisons between a bonifide Muscle car and a "poor man's Super-Car"...I just don't understand it. Enjoy what you have :-)