View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
If there is anyone out there that needs speed like i do (should be or shouldnt have a camaro)to drive on a public highway, with no speed limit at 165 mph is a dream come true. http://www.sscc.us/ I used to race superbikes at the professional level, and now time for 4 wheels. In my 2011 1LT RS last May i ran the touring class, average speed 110 mph, tech speed 124mph.In Sept i ran the grand touring class, average speed 125, tech speed 140 mph, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun. This May in my 2013 SS 1LE i will be in the grand sport class, average speed 150 mph, tech speed 165mph which means,i can legally run 165 mph without anyone in my way for 90 miles. We need fresh meat,new blood each and every event to keep this dream alive, so if you have ever thought about it, you owe it to yourself,and everyone who likes to haulass to get out here and do this.
I'm not going to have my 1LE until June, I would love to do this. Well I can start planning for the following year.

Edit: Holy Crap! I just read the rules for this and I realise that there are lots of safety standards, but I'm going to have to turn my car into a verifiable race car if I were to decide to participate in this. Probably need at least a 10k investment to get everything up to their specifications. So looks like I'm out. :(

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 11-15-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote