View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
azamazonqueen

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This post looked the closest to the issues I have been having. I am at a loss what to do and I have taken my car religiously to the dealership for maintenance and repairs service to help prevent the very issues I have had.

Vehicle Background: Stock 2010 V6 Manual LT1 (I ordered from scratch). 97,200ish miles.

Actions that have resulted from a SES light seem to all start with my engine going kaput and haven't let up since:

April 2014 (in and out for about 3 weeks):
Initially told not high quality enough gas. They decarboned, flushed injectors and throttle (paid). Didn't fix it. Replaced oil gasket (warranty). Nope again. Worked on timing chains (warranty). Nada. Finally took apart the engine and bearings were spun so replaced the engine with crate engine (warranty).

Late Oct 2014: Catalytic converter code came. Disappeared so we all hoped bad gas.

Nov 2014: Fluttering and reduced engine power issues. First replaced oil sender and MAF (paid). Issues continued.

January 2015: Was told I needed a new throttle body and engine control module. I called GM at this point--it brought the price down (paid). Also had differential fluid leakage from two seals (warranty). Said the cat code was floating around (not enough to trigger SES) but hopefully was result of mixtures due items that were repaired.

Now I am having the P0420 catalytic system low efficiency again. I called my GM case person. Took in my vehicle today and waiting to hear the verdict.

I am getting extremely frustrated at this point. Other than this individual, I have never seen or heard of so many issues with one cars engine and surrounding parts and think they all go hand in hand (too much for coincidence). I now feel like a hypochondriac, analyzing any flutter and just waiting for another problem to arise. The problem is it does keep happening! I discussed all my issues with my original sales person and he is flummoxed saying that these are not natural/normal issues that should be happening and are out of the ordinary not just as a whole, but even just one of my issues.

I ordered this car from scratch with the intent to have it for 10+ years--that is why I invested so much into it and have taken good care of it and never did any mods so the warranties would last. I am a teacher and coach--I rely heavily on it as it is my sole transportation and taking it in takes its toll on my jobs. I have gone from crazy Camaro Pride (clothing, local club, Transformers, to just regular driving!) to feeling ashamed since it always is in the shop and explaining to friends, family, and coworkers as to why it is failing at the basic piece of it's job--to get me from point A to point B reliably and safely.

Please help!!
azamazonqueen is offline   Reply With Quote