View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #50
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leNPP View Post
JusticePete

I know what I would like, be a linear rate spring with the same rate as the stock spring but lower the back of the car 1/2 inch to even out the ride high. I am trying out the ZL1 rear spring right now but the ZL1 spring is a progressive rate spring.
Because of the upper spring seat is larger in diameter than the lower spring seat the rear coil has a progressive design.

In all of our track experience with the 5th Gen we have found that matching front and rear coil rates deliver the best handling. Our L/28 is running 12kg coils front and rear. Our lowering coils are not that aggressive to preserve ride quality. I have been considering a change to our lowering coil spring rates, but haven't pulled the trigger. There should be an OE upgrade around the corner with Z/28 coils.

The 1LE difference makers are foundational bushes and a rear bar upgrade. Normally we would do foundational bushes, lowering coils and then bars, but the 1LE responds exceptionally well to bushes and rear bar. We have a number of 1LEs on lowering coils along with ZL1s with very satisfied owners. I believe the 32mm rear bar with the OE 27mm front delivers a greater performance increase than lowering coils.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote