View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #16
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
These motors really should be checked once a week. They love oil. I had my motor replaced after it spun a bearing because of no oil. I check my oil now at least once week to make sure everything is always right.

You HAVE to let this car sit for several hrs to get a reliable reading. Your gauges will not tell you much and no idiot lights will come on to warn you either. Kinda sucks but it is what it is. What I do is usually every Friday when I pull into the garage I park it, pop the hood and then let it sit overnight. When I come out the next morning I see my hood open and remember to check my oil. I have a 5 qt container of 5w30 Mobil 1 siting in my garage and when it's low, I add a little until it reads on that middle hash.

I checked mine this morning and it was perfect so I didnt need to add.

We have to do this or else we'll be bummin like OP. I've been there and it is a horrible feeling.
This man 100%.

ESPECIALLY if you beat on your car! If you go WOT at all you will burn oil at an even faster rate. I know me personally, I beat on my car and I've been having to add at least a quart in between 4,000-5,000 mile oil changes.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote