View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #226
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
That was funny how the camaro pulls away from the boss on the launch You guys are comparing a RACE car against a freaking daily driver, so for the camaro keeping that close PROVES that the car can hold its own... just like stated... add full exhaust, intake and a tune ( boss already has that) and some suspension work and lighter wheels to equal the playing field on the boss and what will happen, my money is on the camaro! The better looking street car with a few mods racing door to door with a factory built street legal race car sounds like a fail on fords part! I will stick with my SS and being proud to know I can hang with a boss with a little work
We are comparing stock for stock and on the Boss 302's worst day it is still much faster than the SS. Currently the Boss 302 is dominant in Grand Am Continental Tire GS and SCCA Pirelli Tire World Challenge GTS in which the cars are as close to stock as they are ever going to get. Could the Boss Mustang reel in championships in Grand Am and SCCA? It very well could be that way... The Camaro? not so much...

That race was at New Jersey Motorsports Park and having a 2 second advantage at a 1.9 mile course is a lifetime. The Boss 302R just won there last weekend in Grand Am, do you know where the Camaro finished? in 14th place.... Remember, that is 2 seconds a lap and at the end of the day you find yourself a lap or two down. As for getting a better launch Chris said this
Quote:
If you look close, the Boss fried the tires out of the hole really bad. Otherwise, this wouldn't have even been a race.

You can tell the Boss driver was really driving. He got squirrely in a few spots. The guy in the Camaro was giving it his all, too. Both drivers are AmericanMuscle employees that both race professionally as well. There was so much pride up for grabs with this race! Literally, they were talking trash back and forth for a while before this race.

I don't think Jim had a chance in that Camaro, though.

Last edited by thePill; 07-28-2011 at 12:43 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote