View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #235
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
I have to admit, for what it is the Boss is a really stout car. I agree on that is more purpose built for the track then anything else, and as it has the proper upgrades and is lighter then the SS I would be surprised if it wasn't faster then an SS on the road course.

When I was at Sebring a few weeks ago there were several Boss Mustangs, but there was one that had a driver who knew what he was doing behind the wheel and we had a blast out there. He had intake/tune, R-comps on 18's and proper brake pads as well. I was running my Camaro with Pfadt coil-overs, and about 50 more hp then he had. The power to weight ratio was probably pretty much the same, but one advantage he had that I really did notice at Sebring was his gearing. Coming out of some of the turns he would easily pull on me the first seconds until I could wind my motor out! Other then that we were quite even and after a few fun laps I hammered down and overtook him

Our lap times probably differed about 1-2 sec in my favor. I just installed 3.73 gears this week, so I can't wait t head back to the road course see how much it did!

Here is a video from that event, he is the one in red in the first section of the video. I will post up a different clip of 2 laps chasing him down

/Erik
SWWEEETTT!! So a cam and tires and a little suspension work will beat a Boss. I cannot wait until Pony Wars.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote