View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
What do you mean?
It's something like this (Post below) But I dont think it's 50 I think it's 35MPH and under, and yes the electricity takes over at that speed and runs the car to save gas ......... Im not sure on it though but I have heard of cars using this method. Also, I heard when you tap the brakes it recharges itself for the next go round so it's kind of like a motor/generator? I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
?Perhaps they are asking if the vehicle is propelled with the electric motors under like, say, 50 MPH, instead of running on the gasoline/E85 engine?

I believe the current hybrids alternate electric power/fuel power depending on the load the PCM detects the driver wants. What I mean is, the car will have the electric motors as the default to move the car, and the fuel engine as a supplement when additonal electricty is needed. That's what I noticed in a Prius that I test drove some time ago. The display indicated the electrical enery was constantly propelling the vehicle and only supplemented by the fuel engine when the electrical supply was deminished.