View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #105
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
The 1LE does have some understeer. Also I think if you want to run 305s all the way around you will have to drop down to 19" rims like the Z/28. I have not seen 20" 305s on the front of a Camaro. If you run taller tires make sure the front and back sizes are less than 1" apart in height or you will light up the dashboard. If you run taller tires you will need to change a tuning parameter to make your speedometer accurate. I think making that change could void your drive train warranty.

The 295s on the back looks a little weird, but the tires seem fine with that. Some have therorized that this was intentional chassis tuning by Chevy, but I think they just used the ZL1 rims because they already had them. The strechy setup handled fine and they saved a few bucks over making a smaller wheel just for the 1LE. To me it gives the 1LE a little more character. Although I will put 305s on the back once I replace the Goodyears as I am adding more power. If I do that I might get a stronger rear sway to minimize the additional understeer.

I do not like the Goodyears, and many have moved on from them.

Last edited by Fraxum; 03-22-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote