View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #38
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funk69z/28 View Post
I am going to get my car on the Dyno this weekend with my current mods- RotoFab intake, TSP LTH, FLowMaster 3 inch AMT cat back, and my JRE tune. I will post up the results.

I am Leaning Towards 3 cams
1-the "545" Cam
2-The All Mighty "Night Fury" Cam
3-And the Latest and Greatest from TSP Texas Speed LS3 235/239 .639"/623" Camshaft

Leaning Towards the Brian Tooley Plat Springs--Already have the ARP Bolts, 3 bolt cam car, ls2 dampner, GM Gaskets, and melling oil pump.. Also will pick up a c5r chain. Not sure if I am going to do the rocker arm upgrade. Some say it is needed some say it isn't.

What I like about TSP is they test there stuff on a engine dyno. A few of the guys I know run there stuff. Cant Deny the Night Fury's results, and that 545 cam doesnt get the press like the others, but looking at it and the results seem solid.
I'm actually getting my cam installed by PCM of NC next month trying out their '545' cam with my setup. all of the dyno sheets and videos I've seen on it seem solid and a great streetable cam with good power. As for you, I wouldn't "lean" towards the BTR springs or trunnion upgrade, I highly advise you to get them. I don't know Who told you upgraded trunnions weren't needed, but they are trying to set you up for failure.