View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
JerseyToughCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Exclamation Drowning in my camaro... advice needed

Hey everyone. This is my first post on this site. I purchased a 2010 Camaro RS V6 with a six speed manual in May of 2010. A few months into owning it, I began to see water pooling up in the foot well of the driverside backseat. I brought it to 2 different dealerships for help. One kept the car for a few days and gave me a whole run around saying I left the windows open or i spilled. The other took me seriously and tore the car apart looking for the leak. While doing this, they found a tear in the door seal, and floor and fire wall panels which werent sealed. They kept the car for almost two weeks and fixed what they found. The next rainstorm, I was flooded out again in my car. They changed more seals, tore out the interior, and kept it for another week. Needless to say, with all the NJ rain we had recently, Im have my one inch deep pond on my floor again.
I sent a letter to GM threatening them with a lemon law suit. A lady called me from GM and stated that the regional director would contact me about an engineer being brough in to examine the car.
Honestly, I dont know what I should do. I have a feeling that GM is not trying to fix the issue. My car smells like must again even tho i vaccuum out the water and blow dry the rugs. My interior is so scratched and pinged from being taken out so many times. The door pannels and center console rattle now. I seriously want a buy back.
Has anyone else had this problem that can offer me advice? Does anyone else get water or has had a buy back?
JerseyToughCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote