View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hrm...if your set on trading up then that does leave you with a few options.

For around 400 bucks, you could get a nice sounding exhaust....for example the flowmaster axle-back, or do what I did and go with custom magnaflow mufflers, tips, and have a shop install them. Then at least you will have great sound without so much money, and be done with it. In your case, thats probably the only option I'd consider.

If you want to get into an SS as soon as possible, then go find yourself a good used one.

If your dead set on a brand new car, as hard as it may be, I'd wait to see what happens for 2012. We are voicing our opinions, and GM seems to be listening, as it sounds like the interior may get re-worked a bit. But imagine if they do some other great things like some weight reduction (doubtful) or give us gearing options? I'm sure if you was wanting brand new, you wouldn't want to miss out on that!
I definitely agree that buying a new 2011 doesn't make sense for me when the 2012's may be a little nicer. I would definitely go for a used 1SS, but all the dealers in SC are selling them at or above MSRP. It seems kind of ridiculous that they want sticker price for cars with miles on them. I'm sure some people could haggle them down, but I know I am not too good at that.

I'm starting to think about an axle back that I can install myself and won't be too loud. So confusing.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote