View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #825
EDISKRAD EHT

Drives: Blown Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
I cannot believe some of the postings... I guess it isn't surprising knowing what society has created by the "Entitlements ". Seems everyone wants to sue someone and think they are entitled to more than they have. I do know one thing... it isn't causing the dealership any hardship and it shouldn't. Man bought a new car for 60k or so.. drives it 10k and wants them to buy him a new one. Horse manure. Just because he THINKS he has the dealership for some kind of a mistake they made. What if the place caught fire, tornado ripped it to Kansas. The same result.. simply an insurance claim. Who gives a rip what kind of car it was? I support the dealership in their decision how to handle it and frankly it is out of their hands. That is exactly what Insurance is for. Let him sue the Geico Lizard. This whole fiasco has went clear out of control and the owner thinks all the hoopla on the web will get him more. It won't and shouldn't , and IF it does it only shows how ignorant society has become.

Unless they can provide him with an identical car, identical mileage, etc, why would he not be 'entitled' to a new one? It's the next best thing, as opposed to being worse than what he had. When he bought the car new, he got exactly what he wanted. So why should he have to accept a car that wasn't identical to his own down to the very last mile and option? Why should he have to accept a downgrade because of something the dealer is 100% responsible in controlling?