View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Or - just throw some DRs on the car. Look at the improvements in ET that cars like ZR1, Z06 and the GT500 make with sticky tires! Also, some magazine also don't run a prep'd track, powershift, and do absolutely everything (this side of VHT and such) to make the best possible runs. I, too, thought the ET and traps would be higher, too, but I don't know the conditions of the tests, so I'm reserving judgement.
Certainly, there are some relatively easy things that people can do to get the ZL1 to run lower times in the 1/4 mile. I'm confident that people will be able to run the 1/4 mile in the 11's without too much difficulty. My point is that if one is really only interested in performing 1/4 mile runs, a lot of the ZL1's technology will be wasted, and purchasing a ZL1 may not be the best use of one's resources.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote