View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Lighting advice needed...

So after spending last weekend at the Fest and seeing all the amazing cars and lighting configurations I have decided my car needs a little attention in that department. I don't want to go crazy with it, but so far I have swapped all the stock lights to LEDs, including adding the Technostalgia taillights.

One of my favortie lighting mods I saw at the Fest was the grill lights with a controller that made it look like the car was breathing. My car is AGM and is completely blacked out with some red accents, so I am thinking about going with red grill lighting. But, I can't help but think that I may want to change the colors at some point, so maybe the RGB lighting would be better for me.

My question is: should I go with the RGB, and if I do which controller(s) would I need to make it "breathe"? Would I need a separate controller for RGB and patterns?

I looked at AAC's website, and it looks like I might possibly need the RGB controller and the multifunction controller. Fron what I can tell, if I only went with a single color LED strip, I would just need the multifunction controller.

I don't really know much about show lights, so any advice you can give would be appreciated. I also know that at some point I am will probably want to probably add more lights, so keep that in mind when giving input.

Thanks in advance!