Old 02-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #15
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecautocr View Post
Hi,

thanks for your help!!!, .... but the problem is still present.

Yesterday I received the O2 sensors (part number BOSCH 0258005738 and 0258005720) and I changed both, but the problem is almost THE SAME!!, the only change is that now I can "move" (a little) the car when it`s hot (but the fail is still present), with the old O2 sensors the car didn`t move never, it had not power!!!

With the new sensors (the same that with old ones), idle speed is not fine, it has excess of fuel.

The fuel regulator is not broken, I changed all the ignition coils and I tested engine compression (170-180psi).

A difference I noted with this new sensors is that always they`re in 50mV (doesn`t fluctuate), but if I accelerate the car, the reading goes to 700-800mV and then goes again to 50-70mV.

it seems like the front o2s are still not reading properly. either that or the fuel/spark tables are completely off kilter as its reading lean at idle but rich at throttle.

check the wiring for the o2's. they might be burnt or grounding out.

I drove the car for 400 meters and the fails is still present, do you know if is needed some "relearnig" procedure, or drive the car some distance???
sometimes you need to reset the pcm by pulling the "pcm ignition" fuse to clear the codes. however it will take a little bit of driving for the pcm to "relearn" the operating parameters
I think that I had tested almost everything in the car!!!!

I forgot tell you that the car was not running for about 5 months because the owner lost the keys, then I eliminate (disable) the VATS system using the "HP tuners" software, but I reprogramm only the VATS, then the car runs but the fail began (the owner told that before the car was running OK).

thanks again!!!
one other thing.... you said it was sitting for 5 months. did you drain the gas? or are you using the gas that was still in the tank? (we need a lightbulb smiley) drain the gas out and fill it up with some 91, pour a can of Seafoam into the new gas, reset the pcm, then fire it up and let it idle for a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
Just some humble suggestions:

Could it be something in the ignigion system? (Spark plugs, wires, coil, optispark, ect)

Maby it is the computer?
3.8 doesnt have an opti.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote